The winter school holidays are nearly upon us. To help you keep the little ones entertained, we’ve prepared a list of our top 10 things to do during these holidays.
Outdoors can be a magical place in Winter;
- Go for a walk after it has rained (in gumboots) and find some puddles to jump in.
- Make some paper boats and race them down a local creek or river.
- On a windy day it is perfect to fly a kite.
- Take the kids to a local park and see the frosty grass crunch under their feet.
- Toast marshmallows by an open fire.
When it is too cold and wet to go outside here are some fun indoor activities;
- Have an indoor scavenger hunt.
- Camp indoors, use some sheets, blankets and chairs to create a tent, the kids will love hiding out on a cold day.
- If you have the space, play the floor is lava by creating an obstacle course with pillows and blankets.
- See who can build the tallest tower out of blocks or containers.
- Have a disco party and play their favourite music.
Whatever you do, your kids will love just spending time with you, enjoy.