10 GREAT CHRISTMAS TRADITIONS
By Kez's Kitchen
December 3, 2020
All I want for Christmas is some new… traditions. If you need to freshen up your Christmas, check out our top new Christmas traditions that will have you all wrapped up this festive season.
‘Pour Over’ or ‘Drip’
- Short Video on Christmas Eve - ask the same 5 questions every year and collect them e.g. What are you grateful for this year, what was the highlight of the year…etc.
- Warm and fuzzy Christmas advent calendar - create an advent calendar for the whole family. Everyone needs to add some warm and fuzzy notes about what they love about another person in the family. Open one each day leading up to Christmas.
- Make hot chocolate and cookies and drive around looking at Christmas lights on Christmas Eve.
- Give matching Christmas pyjamas to the whole family on Christmas Eve, and don’t forget to have a picture in front of the tree each year.
- Pack a picnic and go to your local Christmas carols.
- Take your kids shopping for a toy to donate during the Christmas season.
- Make a countdown to Christmas paper chain. Take a ring off the chain each day.
- Make gift coupons for people in the family (e.g. this coupon is good for one complimentary room cleaning).
- Have a camp out one night under the Christmas tree.
- Take a picture each year in front of the tree in the same poses. Keep an ongoing collection for a photo series that shows them growing up.
Whatever new Christmas tradition you add to your festive season, we hope it brings much joy to you, your family and friends.
Image credits: Erin Walker and Kora Auf Der Heide