GLUTEN FREE DATE & CHOCOLATE TORTE
by Kez's Kitchen, December 1, 2018
TOTAL PREP TIME: 20-30 MINS
WHAT YOU NEED:
- Vanilla Ice Cream
- 5 Egg Whites
- 1 ¼ Cups Raw Caster Sugar
- 200g Dark Chocolate (70% Cocoa)
- 250g Roasted Almonds
- 250g Dates
WHAT TO DO:
- Preheat oven to 160C fan forced
- Place chocolate, dates and almonds into magimix/food processor and chop roughly. If you are using small chocolate pieces, no need to chop them up any further.
- Beat egg whites until they hold in stiff peaks.
- Add caster sugar to egg whites slowly and beat until mixture is smooth and shiny.
- Fold all other ingredients into the egg whites.
- Lightly grease a 9inch spring form tin, add in mixture.
- Bake for 1 hour.
- If the top begins to become too dark, place a piece of loose foil on the top to avoid burning the meringue.
- Allow the torte to cool down (approx. 1 hour) and serve. Slice 2cm slithers and serve with a side of ice cream.