Total prep time: 35-45mins
Best Results: Freeze Overnight
What you need:
1 x Kez’s Kitchen Gluten Free Melting Moment Ice Cream 473ml tub (Woolworths Gluten Free Freezer)
225gm Unsalted Butter
1 Cup Raw Caster Sugar
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
3 x 60g Eggs
3 tbsp Milk
1 2/3 Cups Gluten Free Plain Flour
¾ Cup Ground Almond Meal
1 ½ tsp Gluten Free Baking Powder
1 Lemon Zest
8 x Meringue Nests
1 x Jar Lemon Curd
1 x Punnet Raspberries or your choice of red summer berries
What to do:
Prep time: 20-30 mins
- Pre Heat oven 160oC fan forced
- Grease 8” round tin
- Beat together butter and sugar until pale and creamy
- Add eggs and continue to beat until thick and creamy
- Add vanilla extract
- Add flour, almond meal and baking powder. Mix until combined
- Add lemon zest and milk. Mix until combined
- Place batter into prepared tin
- Place in oven for 50 mins to 1 hour. Cake is cooked when skewer comes out clean
- Turn out onto cooling rack. Allow to cool for 1 hour.
Making the completed dessert
Prep time: 15 mins
- Line the base of a 20cm round tin or freezer container with baking paper.
- Cut the cake into 3cm slices and lay flat. This is to line the base of the tin. Fill in the gaps between the slices with small pieces of cake. Press in firmly. Freeze for 30 mins.
- Take cake out of freezer and Kez’s Kitchen Gluten Free Melting Moment Ice Cream tub. Note: Do not allow the ice cream to be out of the freezer any longer than 30 minutes as it will begin to melt.
- Spread a thin layer of lemon curd over the cake base.
- Break the meringues into pieces and put into a large bowl. Tip in all of Kez’s Kitchen Gluten Free Melting Moment Ice Cream and mix together with some force. Spread large spoonful’s of the mixture all over the cake. Add tablespoons of lemon curd decoratively. Keep in mind, the more you add lemon curd the tartier it will be which is delightful for many of you.
- Freeze for at least 4 hours, best results freeze overnight.
- When ready to serve, remove the cake from the tin with the baking paper and put on a serving plate. Slice pieces and decorate with raspberries or your choice of red summer berries.